Privacy in e-CRM22nd November 2020
The privacy principles of ECRM are:
Lawfulness, Fairness, and Transparency
When ECRM collects personal data, it will be processed lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject.
When ECRM collects personal data, it will be collected for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes.
When ECRM collects personal data, it will be adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is processed.
When ECRM collects personal data, it will be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; reasonable steps will be taken to ensure that personal data that is inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, is erased or rectified without unreasonable delay.
When ECRM collects personal data, it will be kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed.
Integrity and Confidentiality
When ECRM collects personal data, it will take measures designed to protect against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Lawfulness of Processing
Any and all processing will be done lawfully. ECRM will process personal data only if and to the extent that at least one of the following applies:
(1) the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes
(2) processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract
(3) processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the data controller is subject; (4) processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person
(5) processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller
(6) processing is in the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data.
As you interact with ECRM, there may be opportunities for you to provide us with your information. Additionally, we may collect certain information about you as further described below.
You may provide us with information about you through a number of sources: ECRM websites, applications, tradeshows, events, surveys, social media platforms, sweepstakes entries, and through our customer contact centers. We also receive information about you through third party event coordinators where you have registered for certain services.
The types of information that ECRM collects about you may include, but are not limited to:
- Contact information (such as name, address, city, state and ZIP code, age or date of birth, occupation, email address and telephone number);
- Payment information (such as your bank account information, credit card number, debit card number, bank or investor account, CVV code, expiration date, and payment history);
- Information about your connected devices (such as mobile phone, computer, or tablet) and how you interact with our services, apps, and websites (such as IP address, browser type, unique device identifier, cookie data, and associated identifying and usage information);
- Demographic information (such as gender and date of birth);
- Marketing/business profile information; and
- Photographs and videos such as those that you may submit for contests, sweepstakes and social sharing.
We use and disclose personal information you provide to us as described to you at the point of collection. We also use and transfer personal information from or about you:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you documents you request or e-mail;
- To send you important information regarding our relationship with you, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- For our business purposes, such as marketing new products, events, and services, data analysis, audits, developing new products, events, or services, operating or enhancing our website, improving our products, events, and services, identifying usage trends, providing products, events, and services, maintaining customer/client relationships, improving the quality, safety, and security of our products, events, and services, administering your account(s), troubleshooting, supporting electronic signature, customizing and improving communication content, evaluating product, event, or service performance, providing customer support, and determining the effectiveness of our website;
- With other registrants or our trusted third-party business partners that are participating in the same event that you have registered for, or otherwise have requested certain event information, via print and online materials;
- To our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting and moderating, mobile application hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, credit card processing, IT services, e-mail services, marketing services, auditing services, and other services, in order to enable them to provide services;
- To verify your information and authenticate payments and process orders, such as disclosing certain financial and other information you provide to ECRM to third parties that provide credit reporting, payment or order fulfillment services;
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); and
- when we otherwise have your consent.
In addition, we use and disclose personal information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
(a) As permitted by applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence
(b) To comply with any legal process
(c) To respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence
(e) To protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others
(g) To allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We also use and disclose information that is not in personally identifiable form (such as anonymized, masked or de-identified information) for any purpose. If we combine information that is not in personally identifiable form with information that is (such as combining your name with your geographical location), we will treat the combined information as personal information as long as it is combined.