Speech of introduction of a Speaker17th May 2021 0 By indiafreenotes
- It shows respect for the speaker
- It settles the audience down and gets them focused on the stage.
- Alternatively, it can hype the audience up and get them excited about what they are going to experience
- It gives a chance for the Production crew to correct the sound levels, lights and be ready with any audio/visual cues.
- It lets the audience know who this person is before they start, in case there is no printed program.
- It can link the content or the message of the speaker to the theme of the event.
- It can emphasise why this message is important to the group and why they should listen
- It can show why this person is qualified to speak about the topic and share their insights
- It can allow the speaker to get straight into the meat of their presentation.
The introducer’s job is to:
- Remind the audience why the topic is important to them
- Establish the speaker’s qualifications to speak on the topic
- Get the presentation off on a high note by establishing an up-beat tone
- Make the speaker feel especially welcome