Various Income Tax Savings Schemes2nd July 2021 0 By indiafreenotes
Tax saving is a benefit you can avail for selective investment options and expenses. You anyways need to invest money to achieve your financial goals. Investments which save tax can help you in two ways:
- Invest more and have more disposable income
- Grow your investment faster
- Make an investment of Rs 1.5 lakh under Sec 80C to reduce your taxable income. Additional deduction of Rs 50,000 can be claimed by investing in NPS under 80CCD (1b)
- Buy Medical Insurance, maximum deduction allowed is Rs. 1,00,000 (Rs 50,000 for self and family if senior citizen and Rs 50,000 for senior citizen parents) under Section 80D.
- Claim deduction up to Rs 50,000 on Home Loan Interest under Section 80EE
The most popular tax-saving options available to individuals and HUFs in India are under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act, Section 80C includes various investments and expenses you can claim deductions on – up to the limit of Rs. 1.5 lakh in a financial year.
|5-Year Bank Fixed Deposit||6% to 7%||5 years|
|Public Provident Fund (PPF)||7% to 8%||15 years|
|National Savings Certificate||7% to 8%||5 years|
|National Pension System (NPS)||12% to 14%||Till Retirement|
|ELSS Funds||15% to 18%||3 years|
|Unit Linked Insurance Plan (ULIP)||Varies with Plan Chosen||5 years|
|Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana (SSY)||7.60%||N/A|
|Senior Citizen Saving Scheme (SCSS)||7.40%||5 years|