Using the genogram to identify family scripts and themes13th March 2023 0 By indiafreenotes
A genogram is a visual tool that depicts family relationships and can be used to identify family scripts and themes. Family scripts are patterns of behavior that are learned through family interactions and are passed down from one generation to the next. Family themes are overarching ideas, beliefs, or values that shape the family’s culture and influence their behaviors and interactions. By creating a genogram and analyzing the patterns and relationships within it, we can gain insight into these scripts and themes.
Identifying Family Scripts Using a Genogram:
- Identify patterns of behavior: A genogram can help identify patterns of behavior that are common among family members. For example, a pattern of divorce or remarriage may indicate a script of relationship instability.
- Look for recurring events: Look for recurring events, such as deaths or illnesses, that may have had an impact on the family’s behavior and interactions.
- Examine family roles: Family roles, such as the role of the parent or the role of the child, can influence behavior patterns. Look for patterns in the roles family members play.
- Analyze communication patterns: Communication patterns can also be identified through a genogram. For example, if a family has a history of poor communication, this may be reflected in the relationships between family members.
- Consider the impact of cultural background: Cultural background can also influence family scripts. For example, a family from a culture that values interdependence may have different patterns of behavior than a family from a culture that values independence.
Identifying Family Themes Using a Genogram:
- Look for recurring values: Family themes can be identified by looking for recurring values or beliefs. For example, a family that places a high value on education may have a theme of academic achievement.
- Identify shared experiences: Shared experiences can also indicate family themes. For example, a family that has a history of military service may have a theme of patriotism.
- Analyze family rituals: Family rituals, such as holiday traditions or religious practices, can also reveal family themes. For example, a family that values spirituality may have a theme of faith.
- Consider generational influences: Generational influences can also impact family themes. For example, a family that experienced the Great Depression may have a theme of frugality or financial security.
- Analyze the impact of major life events: Major life events, such as the birth of a child or the death of a family member, can also shape family themes. For example, a family that has experienced a traumatic event may have a theme of resilience or strength.
CategoryLucknow University BBA Notes
TagsAcquisitions and Corporate Restructuring ADVERTISING AND BRAND MANAGEMENT bba free book download BBA202 Business Analytics BBA204 Financial Management BBA206 Corporate Governance BBA208 Income Tax Law and Practice BBA211 Business Research Methodology BBA216 Financial Markets and Institutions BBA217 Environmental Studies BBA301 Goods and Services Tax BBA303 Business Policy and Strategy BBA305 Information Systems Management BBA308 Advertising and Sales Promotion BBA313 Financial Modeling BCOM101 Management Process & Organizational Behavior BCOM102 Business Mathematics BCOM103 Financial Accounting BCOM104 Business Laws BCOM105 Micro Economics BCOM106 Macro Economics BCOM107 Business Communication BCOM108 Cost Accounting BCOM109 Computer Applications BCOM110 Business Studies BCOM201 Marketing Management BCOM202 Fundamentals of Financial Management BCOM203 Management Accounting BCOM204 Auditing BCOM205 Human Resource Management BCOM206 Corporate Accounting BCOM207 Business Ethics & Corporate Social Responsibility BCOM208 Indian Economy BCOM209 Business Statistics BCOM210 Financial Modeling BCOM214 Research Methodology BCOM301 Income Tax Law and Practice BCOM302 Project Management BCOM303 Entrepreneurship Development BCOM304 Goods & Services Tax BCOM305 Information Systems Management BCOM306 E-Commerce BCOM311 Investment Management BCOM313 Financial Markets and Institutions BCOM315 Sales and Distribution Management BCOM317 Advertising and Brand Management BCOM318 Services Marketing BCOM319 Indian Relations and Labour Laws BCOM320 International Business Management BCOM322 Compensation Management BEHAVIORAL FINANCE BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE AND APPLICATIONS BUSINESS MARKETING BUSINESS POLICY & STRATEGY BUSINESS RESEARCH COMPENSATIONAL MANAGEMENT CORPORATE TAX PLANNING DATABASE MANAGEMENT DECISION SCIENCE MBA NOTES Design Thinking Notes DIGITAL MARKETING BBA NOTES E-BUSINESS ELECTION DATE ELECTION RESULT ENTERPRISE SYSTEMS Ethics and Social Responsibility of Business FINANCE MANAGEMENT NOTES FINANCIAL DERIVATIVES Financial Management FLIPKART HUMAN RESOURCE Human Values & Ethics Import Policies INDIA INDIA MBA NOTES INFORMATION SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT INTERNATIONAL MARKETING INTERNET MARKETING ipu bba books download JIO PACK LABOR LAWS Learning and Development MANAGEMENT OF INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS Managerial Economics MARKETING NOTES mba free book download mba mba free book new mba books download MTIC ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT Procedures and Documentation RESEARCH METHODOLOGY BBA MBA NOTES RETAIL MANAGEMENT SECURITY ANALYSIS AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT SHRM SOFTWARE PROJECT MANAGEMENT TEAM BUILDING TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT