Retail Banking Services: Safe Lockers, Jewel Loans, Consumer Durable Loans, Education Loans7th August 2022 0 By indiafreenotes
A safe deposit locker is a rented locker that a bank offers you to store your valuables. This could be jewellery, gemstones, financial or legal papers, insurance policies, identity proof, such as a passport, and other similar items of high value. You can rent a locker for as long as you want for a certain fee. The key to the locker remains with you, and you can access your items whenever you need them after informing the bank.
- Lockers Branches are equipped with high security features and specially built strong rooms.
- Safe Deposit Locker facility is one of the ancillary services provided by the Bank to its customers.
- Locker facility is available in over 2500 branches across the country. Wide availability of lockers in various sizes and at various locations.
- Hassle-free payment options through your HDFC Bank Account.
- Extended banking hours for accessing lockers.
- Nomination facility available.
- Nomination on safe-deposit lockers enables HDFC Bank to release the contents to the nominee of the person hiring in the event of their death. If a locker is held jointly, and one of the people hiring dies, the contents can only be removed jointly by the nominee(s) and the survivors.
- The nomination facility is available to anyone hiring a locker.
- For those hiring on an individual basis; nomination can be made in favour of one individual.
- For those hiring jointly by more than one hirer: more than one nominee can be made. In such scenario no. of nominees are restricted to the no. of joint hirers.
- Unpaid locker rentals are recovered from the nominee.
- If the hirer is major and the nominee is minor, the nomination will be made by someone lawfully entitled to act on behalf of the minor.
Avail a gold loan from a bank in India with interest rates ranging between 7% p.a. and 29% p.a. You can avail a loan amount of up to Rs.1.5 crore and repayment tenure starting at 3 months and going up to 4 years depending on the loan scheme availed by you. You can pledge your gold ornaments and jewellery for funds in the event of a financial emergency.
Purpose: You can avail a gold loan in order to finance various needs, such as for educational purposes, medical emergencies, going on a holiday, and so on.
Security: The gold that has been pledged with the bank or the financial institution acts as the security or collateral against which the loan amount is provided.
Tenure options: The tenure options can range from a minimum of 3 months to a maximum of 48 months.
Fees: The other fees and charges that might be applicable on a gold loan are – processing fee, late payment charges/ penalty for non-payment of interest, valuation fees, etc.
Repayment Options: There are three main options offered by lenders to borrowers for the repayment of a gold loan. These are:
- Repayment in Equated Monthly Installments (EMI)
- Payment of interest upfront and repayment of the principal loan amount at the end of the loan tenure.
- Payment of interest on a monthly basis and repayment of the principal loan amount at the end of the loan tenure.
Rebates: Several lenders offer the option of discount on the prevailing interest rate on the loan against gold if the borrower repays the interest regularly. This rebate can be 1% – 2% off on the original rate of interest.
Consumer Durable Loans
Consumer durable loan is a special category of personal loan that is generally used to purchase electronic gadgets and household appliances that include smartphones, televisions, PlayStations, home theatres, laptops, cameras, washing machines, modular kitchens and much more. Typically this loan type can be availed for amounts ranging from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 15 lakh. Consumer loans are mostly available at a 0% interest rate or No Cost EMI and can be repaid within a range of a few days to 36 months.
Some basic documents are required to apply for such loans, making the process relatively simple.
0% Interest Rate
Consumer durable loans are typically available at a lower interest rate than personal loans. Tata Capital offers such loans with no interest and minimum payment. Tata Capital does not even ask for any security deposits, making the loan application process effortless.
The loan tenure for a Tata Capital Consumer Durable loan is between 6-24 months. This may differ from one lending institution to another. Usually, a longer tenure attracts a lower EMI and vice versa. As the repayment period affects EMI payments, it is important to calculate the EMI on an online EMI calculator before applying for loans.
An education loan is a loan that students apply to meet the financial requirements to complete their course. Many banks and NBFCs in India offer education loans at competitive rates to help educate the upcoming innovators and leaders.
Types of Education Loans
Based on Location
Domestic Education Loan
Students who would like to pursue education in India can apply for this loan type. The loan will get approved only if the applicant is admitted to an Indian educational institution and meets all other lender criteria.
Overseas Education Loan
Such loans help students realise their dream of pursuing the course of their desire in a foreign institution. The loan covers the airfare, accommodation, and tuition fee for students who wish to study abroad only if they satisfy the eligibility criteria.
Based on Course
This type of education loan is provided for students to give financial aid to students so they can complete their undergraduate degrees. An undergraduate degree will usually be a 3 to the 4-year long course under various specialisations. Having an undergraduate degree helps individuals to land a decent job and start earning.
Many undergraduates would like to continue their education with a postgraduate course, usually a 2-year long course in India. An advanced degree is desired to get more profound knowledge in the area of interest.
Career Development Loans
Many professionals who work for a few years in corporate jobs prefer to pause their career and take up professional courses and training to improve their employment prospects. Such individuals would strive hard to get into reputed business and technical schools to polish their skills and reach greater heights in their career.
Based on Collateral
Loan Against Property, Deposits, and Securities
You can pledge immovable assets, such as agricultural land, residential land, flat, house, and others, fixed deposit certificates, recurring deposits, gold deposits, bonds, debentures, and equity shares to get the necessary financing to pursue education.
A guarantee letter from an employee of the bank or a home bank can help the student get an education loan.
Features and Benefits
- 100% financing available for certain conditions.
- The loan amount can go up to Rs.1 crore for international students and up to Rs.50 lakh for domestic students.
- The financing covers other expenses, such as student exchange travel expenses and laptop.
- Preferential forex rates may be available for international disbursements.
- Loan repayment tenure can go up to 12 years after six months from completing the course.
- Parents should be joint borrowers for the education loan.