Introduction to Data analytics software26/10/2022 1 By indiafreenotes
Data analysis involves sorting through massive amounts of unstructured information and deriving key insights from it. These insights are enormously valuable for decision-making at companies of all sizes.
A quick note here: data analysis and data science are not the same. Although they belong to the same family, data science is typically more advanced (a lot more programming, creating new algorithms, building predictive models, etc.).
Regression analysis: A set of statistical processes that allows you to examine the relationship between two or more variables. Learn more about this method here: Regression Analysis / Data Analytics in Regression.
Cluster analysis: Organizes data into groups, or clusters that share common characteristics. More on this here: Cluster Analysis and Unsupervised Machine Learning in Python.
Factor analysis: Condenses several variables into just a few to make data analysis easier. Learn more: An Introduction to Factor Analysis.
Data mining: The process of finding trends, patterns, and correlations in large data sets. Learn more: Data Mining with R: Go from Beginner to Advanced!
Text analysis: Extract machine-readable information from unstructured text (e.g., PDFs, word processing documents, emails). More on this: Text Analysis and Natural Language Processing With Python.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)