In project implementation or project execution, we put it all together. Project planning is complete, as detailed as possible, yet providing enough flexibility for necessary changes. In a customer-contractor relationship, the contract is signed, based on the right decisions about the contract structures, and including clauses for change and claim management.
Now we apply all the tools we prepared in order to keep ourselves in control of the project. As project managers and sub-project managers we have to make sure that we, together with all our team members,
- Take action, in-line with the plan and / or contract
- Record and document all the work, work results, special events, decisions about changes, implementation of changes, etc.
- Analyze, communicate, report, and document status and results of action, in-line with the plan and / or contract
- Take decision if and what kind of change we need, in case any result (or action) is not as required
- Implement agreed changes, in-line with the plan and / or contract.
The most powerful platform for this comparison in order to analyze, communicate, and decide work progress, problems, and necessary changes are project meetings in which we apply the planned project controlling tools.
- Kick-off meetings
- Regular status meetings
- Special status meetings
- Risk analysis workshops (as part of our risk management strategy)
- Problem solving workshops
- Project management review meetings